Head of School
Green Valley School, a Montessori Learning Center, is searching for the right person to lead our warm and welcoming school in central New Hampshire. Green Valley School is a community of approximately 75 students, their families, and a well-trained and experienced staff. We serve children from 2.9 years through grade 9 and are located in the small town of Pembroke, NH between the cities of Concord and Manchester. To apply for this unique position, please email your resume and three letters of reference to Janet Horne at email@example.com.
Job Description of GVS Director/ Head of School
Summary of Position: The Head of School is accountable for the operations of the programs and activities of Green Valley School, a Montessori Learning Center, in keeping with the mission and vision of the school and the direction as set by the GVS Board. The Head of School must represent the Board and embody the vision of the school in its relations with faculty, staff, students, families, and the community.
- Must be a problem solver with an ability to multitask.
- Must be organized.
- Must be an excellent communicator.
- Reports directly to the GVS Board of Directors.
- Carries out the broad educational policies established by the Board and within the limits of the financial policy set by the Board.
- Assumes the responsibility for the day-to-day operation of the school.
- Acts as liaison between the Board and the school.
- Oversees the business operations.
- Oversees the Educational Program of the school.
- Supervises all faculty and staff, both teaching and non-teaching.
- Provides administrative and professional leadership for faculty and staff, including monthly staff meetings.
- Oversees the development, implementation, and evaluation of programs and services that support the mission, vision, and strategic goals of the school.
- Provides leadership for activities which affect the current and future development of the school (such as strategic planning and marketing up to and including maintaining social media accounts).
- Ensures that school facilities are safe, clean, and attractive, meeting all local, state, and federal regulations pertaining to the school.
- Works with staff to ensure that program quality is maintained and that classrooms have appropriate instructional materials.
- Ensures that all staff have quality Montessori professional growth opportunities.
- Supervises and participates in the selection and hiring of properly-qualified persons to serve as members of the faculty.
- Interacts with students, parents, and others in a professional, friendly, and productive manner.
- Builds relationships with prospective and current parents supporting the admission and retention of children in the school.
- Represents the school to all of its constituents including neighborhood and community, parents, students, business community, faculty, staff, and the educational community.
- Organizes and attends all school functions including, but not limited to, the Ice Cream Social, the Barn Dance, Open Houses, Family Night, Arts Night, and Graduation.
- 3 years in management of an accredited Montessori school, child care center, or similar business or other valid experience
- Demonstrated experience with strategic planning and/or marketing.
- Background knowledge of the fiscal and operating needs of a school or other business.
- Montessori Certified Training (preferred) or extensive experience with Montessori philosophy and curriculum.
- Demonstrated ability to comply with the standards for ethical and professional performance established by the State Board of Education.
- A valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
Thursday, Nov. 7--Spelling bee at 11:00 a.m.
Monday, Nov. 11-- Veterans Day, no school
Tuesday, Nov. 19--Community meeting hosted by the Upper Elementary at 11:00 a.m.
Tuesday, Nov. 26--Lower el field trip to the Indian Museum
Thursday & Friday, Nov. 27 & 28--No school, Thanksgiving Holiday